HEY Pear recently re-designed Crumbles Ceramics website and online store.
Website Design for Crumbles Ceramics
Crumbles Ceramics is a small pottery business that specialises in handcrafted ceramic ware. They approached me to design a website that would showcase their work and help them reach a wider audience. In this blog, I will discuss the design process and the key features of the website.
Understanding the Client’s Needs
The first step in designing any website is to understand the client’s needs. In this case, Crumbles Ceramics wanted a website that would:
- Showcase their products
- Provide information about their business and process
- Allow customers to purchase products online
- Be easy to navigate and visually appealing
Planning and Research
Once I understood the client’s needs, I started planning and researching. I looked at other pottery websites to get a sense of the industry and what customers expect. I also researched e-commerce platforms to find the best one for Crumbles Ceramics.
Designing the Website
With the planning and research done, I started designing the website. I used a minimalist design with a white background to highlight the ceramics. The website has four main sections:
- Home – This section has a large hero image showcasing Crumbles Ceramics’ work and a brief introduction to the business.
- About – This section provides information about the business and the process of making ceramics.
- Shop – This section allows customers to browse and purchase products online.
- Contact – This section has a contact form and information about how to get in touch with Crumbles Ceramics.
Some of the key features of the website include:
- Responsive Design – The website is designed to be responsive, which means it looks great on any device, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- E-commerce Integration – The website is integrated with an e-commerce platform, allowing customers to purchase products online.
- High-Quality Images – The website has high-quality images of Crumbles Ceramics’ products, which are key to showcasing the beauty and uniqueness of the ceramics.
- Easy Navigation – The website has a simple and intuitive navigation menu, making it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for.
See more of my website designs at HEY Pear.